595 Monroe St

Late Victorian style | c. 1910

This is the oldest firehouse in Macon and still retains its brass poles, tower formerly used to dry fire hoses, fine fan-shaped transoms over the entrances and three fire engines, one of which is a 1927 model. In 1913 when the horse-drawn fire engines were retired, Macon was the first city fire department in the nation to have all-motorized fire engines.

 


rdm_09.png